Thursday, January 1, 2009

And it starts....

Happy New Year!

Today is the beginning of my year long weight loss journey. My measuring tape is MIA, so those will be up tomorrow after I make a trip to the store. However, my starting weight is 206.5. I want to weigh 130 by the end of the year. That is a weight loss of 76.5 pounds.

I've decided on an exercise plan for January, and I will tweak it for the following month if needed. As much as I love Curves, it has been difficult for me to get there to work out since they don't offer a child care service. I have decided to use what I already have to get started and discontinue Curves.

Here's a short inventory on what I have at home (aka good intentions that didn't work out):
Videos: Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred, Super Stomachs, Tae-Bo, 8 Minute Abs, Firmer Fannies
Equipment: Elliptical machine, Cardio Glide, weight bench with various free weights
Other: Nike+ sport kit, armband, and Nike+ sneakers

This is my January workout schedule:
Sunday: Off day (sort of). I will do 90-120 minutes of fast house cleaning. Sounds silly, but it can be a workout. I have a huge home - 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
Monday: 8 Min. Abs, 30-day Shred
Tuesday: Super Stomachs, 30 minutes Elliptical
Wednesday: 8 Min. Abs, 30-day Shred
Thursday: Super Stomachs, 30 minutes Elliptical
Friday: 8 Min. Abs, 30-day Shred
Saturday: Super Stomachs, 30 minutes Elliptical or Jogging
This is the minimum I will do. When I tweak it for February, I will add more to the required workout.

5 comments:

WesleyJ said...

Best of Luck starting off your New Year's Resolution, lol, I'll be starting mine a little later next week.
Found you in the eHow forums.
I'll probably be putting up info on my new year resolution progress as well.
Talk to ya again soon,
WesleyJ

Missikae said...

Hi WesleyJ!
Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you found my blog through eHow. What is your New Year's resolution going to be? Let me know if you'll be posting your progress. I'd love to check it out.
Missikae

MOONShadow said...

Good luck Missikae! WIll be cheering you along...have to loose a few myself; holiday goodies and all, you know. Again, best of luck!

Cheryl Ann said...

Wow, your exercise goals are ambitious. I started off the new year with a stomach bug, so haven't exercised at all, but haven't eaten much either :) We got a new eliptical machine and I want to use that or the treadmill 30 minutes a day, five days a week. I also want to do some strength work, but haven't set it down on paper, yet. Keep up the good work! And I just realized I should probably change my avatar if I plan on posting about dieting LOL

Missikae said...

Hi montrealmoon and Cheryl Ann. Thanks for your comments! Sorry to hear about your stomach bug Cheryl. Elliptical machines are great! I love ours. It's easy to just get in a groove and go with it. Best wishes to both of you!